- How can I watch my favorite TV Programme uninterrupted?
- What can I do to cut my electricity bill and save money, while reducing my carbon footprint?
Smart lighting (Philips Hue), smart plugs/adapters (Belkin WeMo) will not only cut down your electricity bill, but will reduce your carbon footprint.
- What DIY security system can I install in my home without breaking the bank?
Smart security cameras (Nest Cam indoor) act as additional pairs of eyes and are easy accessible through your phone. Another Smart way to keep an eye on your home or loved ones is by using sensors (Samsung SmartThings) and their geo-fencing capabilities.
- How can I have a more organised life to enable me to have more leisure time?
Use Amazon Echo’s voice activated assistant – Alexa to help you keep track of bills, schedules, to-do lists and shopping lists.
- How can I answer my door without getting off the couch?
Use WiFi/BLE enabled smart locks (Danalock BLE smart lock) or install a WiFi enabled video doorbell (Silvan WiFi doorbell).
- How can I breathe better at home when I live in a polluted city?
Breathe easy with a Wi-Fi enabled Smart air purifier.
- How can I compensate for an uncooperative maid?
Clean those hard to reach areas with the Roomba (iRobot) robot-vacuum cleaner.
- How do I cook nutritious meals even when I don’t have enough time??
- How can I keep track of my fitness routine?
Use the FitBit IFTTT application like the FitBit Aria (smart weighing scale), or even a smartwatch, to keep track of your calorie intake and workout schedule.
- I keep forgetting where I have left my keys, wallet etc? How can I find these things when I’m in a hurry?
Activate lost items with the TrackR app, or ask Alexa to do it for you.
Great, now that you know what you want, you’re on your way to achieving an easier, clutter-free, smarter lifestyle. For more ideas and inspiration, visit our ‘Practical Living’ section.