As a singleton, when you think of a Smart home, what is the first thought that crosses your mind? Do you simply visualise a house filled with high-tech, expensive gadgets that will go well with your home decor, but don’t necessarily work together to make life simpler for you. If so, you really need to rethink your definition of a Smart home. We think that the idea of a smart home should be centered around making life easier for you by ensuring that all your connected devices are not the centre of attention, but rather work together in the background to make it easier for you to manage your home.
One of the areas in our homes, where we spend a lot of time, is the kitchen & this space in particular could do with a bit of technology when it comes to cooking, cleaning and energy efficiency. Listed below are some of our favourite gadgets to help you the singleton, cook healthy meals, stock up on groceries, and easily clean up once you’re done cooking. An added benefit of a smart kitchen is energy optimisation, saving money and benefitting the environment.
1. Echo dot – The Amazon Echo will help you list out your groceries, convert units, give you recipe ideas, tell you how many calories a particular food contains as well as allow you to control your smart cookers.
2. Precision Cooker– To use this bad boy, all you need is a pot, yes just an ordinary cooking pot. And you’re good to go. One of the best parts about using the precision cooker is that you don’t need to spend much time preparing your food before cooking them, making it the perfect device for the single life. Most meats, fish and vegetables only need a little seasoning. But in order to prepare nutritious enzyme-rich meals, you need to follow the instructions, which are really simple and soon enough, you will begin churning out your favourite meals, snacks or desserts.
3. Vacuum Cleaning Robot- If you tend to party too much and sleep past your alarm, you definitely don’t have time to prepare breakfast, so you have to settle for cereal and cold milk. But, when reaching for the cereal, you knock half the box on the kitchen floor. Now under normal circumstances, you would need to trek to the broom closet, take out the dustpan and broom and begin cleaning up the mess. But not anymore. The iRobot vacuum is specifically designed to do all the hard work for you,thereby saving time & energy while helping you maintaining a spotless kitchen, thereby scoring brownie points with mom.
4. Air fryer: Between work and socialising you have no time to exercise and eat healthy and this lifestyle has begun taking a toll on your body. But you still want to eat french fries and devour muffins like they are going out of style. If so, it’s time to invest in an air fryer and learn to cook healthy, tasty meals, while keeping the kilos off. This is also the perfect kitchen appliance, if you are cramped for space, as it performs multiple functions such as frying, baking, roasting and grilling. It is also easy to clean and dishwasher friendly.
5. Induction cooktops: If you’re living space is tiny or you work long hours and are wondering how you can cook fresh and healthy meals with limited equipment on a tight schedule? Wonder no more. An induction cooktop is the perfect solution for you as it uses electromagnetic energy and temperature control to create wholesome, healthy meals without depleting their enzymes, vitamins and minerals.